Thursday, July 2, 2009

LOST & FOUND

What I lost~~myself to another individual (completely/mostly by my own choice) to give of myself so completely that I found myself floundering about my life, walking on eggshells, waiting to be good enough, in every way, trying so hard to be that persons everything, only to find that I lost me, the best parts of me, the worst parts of me, I became totally unrecognizable to myself and those who know me. I was waiting, waiting for something/anything to make me aware, to make me take action, well that something finally happened, (and as is usually the case it was sad but necessary).

Now what have I found or better yet what am I finding~~ ME ~~ wonderful, glorious, beautiful, silly, fun, creative, sometimes overwhelmingly sad and happy ME!! Right there where she was waiting for me to find my way back, to the me who likes to be spontaneous, have fun, write just to write, take photo's, and most importantly to the me who is not afraid that she isn't pretty enough, sexy enough, funny enough, talented enough, the me who isn't afraid to be by herself or that her ideas wont be good enough for someone else.


Found, I have also found some of the most wonderful, supportive, creative friends and family. I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have these people in my life.

Everyone should be so lucky to have a Lost & Found department in their life. What have you lost or found lately?

THANK YOU to all my wonderful, beautiful, creative, friends and family, with out you and your support I might still be lost.


4 comments:

Chickenbells said...

The journey to know oneself fully is probably the hardest one we will undertake in our lifetime. To accept responsibility for what we perceive to be "good" and "bad"...You are also an incredibly brave woman to take this step forward. There are so many of us that walk the same path with you...and you are never alone. You have more help than you'll ever know...it will ALWAYS come to you when you ask for it, or if you need it. It is your birthright. By having the courage to step out in a different direction, you are effecting more than you know. You are opening up new ways for other people to do such a thing...you are leading by example...but most of all? You are finding yourself, perhaps the greatest gift of all. And sometimes it takes a bit of Earth Shattering to start that process in motion...but, we're all cheering you on!!

Catalyst said...

You go, girl! Love the photos - both of them are beautiful!

Rose, Like the flower, I have a few thorns said...

Hey girl, you look great. I have missed that smile, Just remember you were never lost just missed placed.
It's all up hill from now on, no matter who go's with.

NeceLynn said...

Sadie ~ thank you so much, for your thoughts!

Catalyst ~ thank you!

Rose ~ thanks, that smile is finally finding its way back to my face where it belongs.