Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Broken...

my wireless internet modem? Seriously? Thats what the gal from Qwest said after we spent an hour on the phone trying to figure out why my internet wasn't working? You need to replace your modem she says to me...like its no big deal...I immediately think me? Well ok, whats the worst that can happen??

So yesterday on my lunch hour I went up to Best Buy and purchased a new wireless modem (with some help from the I.T. guy at work THANKS!). Got home last night and proceeded to freak out a little bit about having to deal with this myself and then thought "really how hard can this be?" Well it turns out it isn't nearly as hard as I had imagined it to be.

I successfully installed my new wireless modem and made it secure so that no one but me can long onto it...YEAH ME!! And then thought, why was I so intimidated by the thought of having to do this...I mean the I.T. guy did say if I needed some help that I could call him, but to be honest I didn't want to bother him, so I figured it out all by myself. I know to some people that it is probably not a big deal, but to me it was a definate big deal, being able to tackle a form of technology that before was so foreign and intimidating to me, that is a big thing in my little corner of the world. I mean if I can do it pretty much anyone should be able to do it.. :0)

4 comments:

TomboCheck said...

Congrats. I now know who to hand the reins over to if I should ever leave my post as I.T. guy. :)

Glad you got it all squared away.

NeceLynn said...

Thanks! As for leaving the reigns of your I.T. post to me, thanks but no, I like my soul :-)

Chickenbells said...

Yeah...even a nutless monkey can do it. I mean, I did it...so I figured you could do it with no problem!! (we were right about that...)

NeceLynn said...

yes, it was much easier than I had anticipated...and look now I have internet again...Yeah!!