Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun


So this past weekend was a whirlwind of activity for me. Friday night I went out to dinner with friends to Garcias (service was mediocore at best) and to the movie Land of the Lost, which was true Will Ferrell humor and had me laughing.


Saturday morning was spent doing chores...never very fun but always necessary, my friend Bev and her daughter Sharon came over and helped me move the last of the stuff from the old house to my new house.

Then Saturday evening I went to a retirement bar-b-que for my co-workers husband. There were lots of people there, we played volleyball, horseshoes and had a small bonfire, where the kids promptly wanted to make s'mores, luckily Janice (our hostess with the mostess) was prepared for this request and the s'mores making quickly began with "lots of don't get to close to the fire" and "no the best way to roast that marshmallow is like this". It was a great time.


Sunday I hiked West Fork in Sedona with Sadira and Amy and the lovely Lola, now I have never hiked this trail and was totally surprised with the beauty of it. We had such a good time and the hike was good and the pictures were beautiful. Even Lola had a great time and did really well, she even let a couple of the other dogs sniff her. (she has come along way). Then it was down to Clarkdale for lunch at Sadira's favorite Mexican food restaurant, Su Casa, I have to say it was very good and I will definitely be eating there again.





All in all it was a very good weekend filled with lots of fun and friends.

4 comments:

Chickenbells said...

It was a pretty fantastic hike wasn't it?!?! West Fork is really my most favoritest hike...it's the ease and pure beauty of the entire thing...then again, I feel that way about SuCasa (tee-hee!) Thank both you and Lola for coming with us!

NeceLynn said...

Sadira it was a great hike and food was very good! Thank you!

TomboCheck said...

Looks like a pretty area! Glad you gals had fun!

NeceLynn said...

Tom it is very pretty out there and we had such a good time. Thanks!